Sunday, 28 April 2013

Screen Printing Large Design With Colour

This initially started off as one of my final plant designs with white pigment on the linen.  After I had screen printed one of the rows and lifted the screen, we realised that a piece of the masking tape we had used to mark off where to put the screen had been left on the linen.  This left a strip of the original colour of the linen showing through one of the designs when it should of been white.  After trying to correct it using the white pigment and a smaller squigie, you could still see the strip showing through.  I made the decision of adding a row of a plant in one of the colours from my colour palette and thought I could use this piece as either a smaller croqui design or use it to cover a vintage stool or chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment